Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Noteworthy Events/Announcements

As many of you are probably aware, Carly will be coming to visit me over Thanksgiving Break. She will be leaving the States on Sunday the 23rd and returning home the following Sunday, so keep her in your prayers at church and throughout the week. 

I requested two Scavi Tour tickets, and yesterday I received my confirmation e-mail! We will get to go under St. Peter's Basilica and visit the necropolis there! It should be an amazing tour, so I am pretty excited.  

As of now, I am in the process of requesting Papal Audience tickets, with any luck we will get to go to that too. SO, if you have anything that you want blessed by B XVI himself, I am sure Carly would be happy to bring it over, space providing.

While Carly is here we are going to visit Venice, Florence, and Pisa.  If any of those places manufacture something you would love to have, for example Venetian glass or lace, now is the time to make that known.  I probably won't make it back to any of these places this semester.  Note: I am not by any means offering to buy things for people, sorry! I am simply extending the offer to purchase something you have always wanted to own...with your money...that you send with Carly. Capite? Bene!

Last but certainly not least, if anyone is feeling the urge to send me baked goods now is the time to send them for free! Simply bake me up whatever delicious treats I am unable to purchase over here because of the Italians weird shunning of things like cookies, brownies, etc. and take them over to the house for Carly to pack up. She can forgo packing a coat and such if need be :)  

Items that are of particular interest:

Chocolate chip cookies
Brownies with mint or caramel
Pumpkin Bread
Toffee
Anything else, I guess I am not actually that picky

Well have a wonderful Wednesday.  I will be home before you know it!

Ciao for now!
Allie

  

 

1 comment:

mamamia said...

love your blog....time clock for indiana is wrong...worries me to death 2 of you will be running around...remember you're a little mouse in the big city...love you
mom