Thursday, September 25, 2008

Assisi













      View from our hotel room in Assisi.                                              Sunset.



So, I am in Assisi! We got here after about a three and a half hour bus ride. It wasn't too bad, I drifted off several times. Well, we arrived and then hiked up a mountain. It was crazy. Assisi is built right into a mountain, and all of the streets are super steep. It's been a workout! It an amazing place though. Yesterday we had a great dinner and watched the sun set on Umbria (the region Assisi is in.) Then I think I fell asleep in about ten seconds. We woke up bright and early for breakfast and then had another wonderful hike. We literally went to the topmost point in Assisi, la Rocca Maggiore. I paid four euros to go inside the fortress, and we got a nice view of Assisi and the surrounding area. We finalized our schedules and had some free time. A lot of the girls found a nice little cafe place with internet access, so I have frequented that tonight. We had another awesome dinner, SPAGHETTI! We had bread and wine at every meal (excluding breakfast.) Now, I am back at the cafe updating all of you. That is pretty much it for today, but tomorrow we split up into two groups and explore some more.

            Ridiculous stairs.

Ciao! Allie

1 comment:

Pyro-chan said...

Hiking up mountains already! Sounds fun, and you better be taking a ton of pictures, I would really like one of the sunset you were talking about. So do you know any of the girls you're traveling with, they are all from St. Mary's right? I bet you're in heaven with the type of food they've been serving, huh? Well enjoy yourself, and a lot of the teachers and others at school say they're jelous and wish they were there too! See Ya!
--Carly